Sunday, September 27, 2009

My goodness umbrella...control yourself!!

As I was walking home from the Subway station today...it was sprinkling a tad. I thought it would be a good time to try out my new umbrella that my boss so kindly gave me. I had, after all, been lugging it around all darn day. "Let's put it to some use" I thought! Now this unbrella...is possibly the largest umbrella I've ever owned. If I had fallen out of an airplane with only this umbrella in my hands...I probably would have made it to the ground alive. SO....as I was walking along...I literally had to hold it with both hands. I thought it would lift me off the ground! GAH! I'd rather just brave the sprinkles!!!

I also encountered a Korean church concert about 4 blocks from my apartment tonight. It was awesome to hear "It is well with my soul" in English. But they must have been popular because there were also alot of screaming girls......hmmm.

I was informed in class the other day....that the GPS system that EVERY CAR has....also doubles as a TV. So.....people driving...can also watch tv. While they drive. And they do.....Something is wrong with this picture.

I went to the movies Friday night with my boss and his wife. They said "The movie starts at 11:40!" My gosh that's late!! We watched "The Ugly Truth." It was not a good movie BUT.....it was in English. So I didn't care. I felt like I was at home in my little theater in Chanute. It was great. I'm going back sometime this week to watch a better one. And can I just say I feel very priviledged to be probably one of the only ones in this country to have seen District 9 already! It hasn't even been released here yet!

Saturday I went hiking with Sarah, David, and my new friend Jackie from Indiana! Yaaaaay! I did not plan the spot for our meet up very well and we were pretty lucky we found each other I think. After wrong directions from some guy who was trying to be helpful, and a couple of hours on the subway, we made it to the mountain! It was a good climb. We went to Seoul after that and tried not to blow all our money on Anime characters...though I must say, I'm quite jealous of Jackie's new friend, Calcifer...lol. Can't wait for more adventures with her!

Today's lunch: Sicilian shrimp and sweet potatoe pizza! Delicious!

Today's special treat and Kaley's new favorite ice cream flavor: Polar Bear from Baskin Robbins. Sooooo Amazing!

Side note: Whoever is leaving me anonymous creepy comments about milk....is abusing the comment box. I will have to disable comments from non-members if you keep it up!!!! lol.

6 comments:

  1. Blowing your money on anime stuff is more like investing money into your coolness stock. Think of it like that then come up with an investment portfolio and my people will contact you with a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad, don't think that that is correct. I have my series 7 license, and I can say truthfully that coolness stock has no intrinsic value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may have intrinsic value but not extrinsic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet pa-freakin-tato PIZZA!?!?! O.O bleck =S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay Kay, I just realized you were in Korea...WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN KOREA?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that pizza does sound interesting enough to try once. On a side note...if you get any other creepy messages on this page...I will use my computer knowledge to TRACK the person down. Nothing is really anonymous on the computer. Only total nemrods believe there is a veil of protection on-line. I was just told I was being over protective...so BE IT!

    ReplyDelete